4.8 / 5
We test and review products based on an independent methodology, ensuring our feedback is honest and free from manufacturer influence. If you buy something using our links, we might get a commission.
- Wilson Clash 108 v2 is a good tennis racket for beginners.
- This racket is lightweight, easy to maneuver and offers balance throughout the game.
- The large head provides a bigger sweet spot and more forgiving frame that allows more margin of error for off-center shots.
- The frame is flexible, providing a softer response and plow-through while also dampening harsh vibration.
Wilson Clash 108 Review and Playtest
Author: Mario Musa
Learn what to expect from the Wilson Clash 108 tennis racket and see if it’s the perfect fit for your game! Find out in this detailed review.
Pros & Cons
What We Like …
- Frame’s flexibility allows a trampoline effect on groundstrokes, volleys, and serves while providing shock absorption to protect against arm strain.
- Oversized head makes it easier to hit targets with more margin of errors.
- Lightweight frame provides great maneuverability.
- Impressive spin potential.
- Comfortable even after long hours on the court.
What Needs Improvement …
- Lacks control and stability making returns erratic at times.
- Lacks precision when hitting complex shots like flat strokes.
The Wilson Clash 108 is an excellent choice for novice tennis players, owing to its oversized head and extended length that provide enhanced power and leverage. Its lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver, making groundstrokes a pleasure to play and gentle on the arm. The supersized head creates a generous sweet spot, making off-center shots more forgiving. This racket excels at volleys, offering ample power and stability for precise shots, while its flexibility creates a trampoline-like effect on the frame, adding height to launches.
Serving with this racket is particularly rewarding as it provides tremendous power for deep shots into your opponent’s court, though it may require some extra effort to control the shot’s direction. Returns might present a challenge for some players due to a lack of control and stability. Nevertheless, the Wilson Clash 108 is a commendable option for beginners, offering decent playability, comfort, good spin potential, and plenty of power to boost confidence in learning the basic skills and techniques of the game.
- Head size:108 sq. in / 696.77 sq. cm
- Length: 27.25 in / 69.22 cm
- Strung weight: 10.4oz / 295g
- Balance: 0 pts EB
- Swingweight: 325
- Stiffness: 63
- Beam width: 24.5mm / 24.5mm / 24.5mm
- String pattern: 16 mains / 19 crosses
- Material: Graphite
Our Community Reviews
4.8 / 5
Based on 6 Ratings
Did not find this product up to the mark?
Help others by writing a review!
How can this product be more helpful?